Wednesday, June 10

Internet Crisis Continues

Hey all, I know it's been a while since my last post. While the Recession is rearing it's ugly head all over the place (look at the unemployment numbers for May) we're experiencing the Great Depression in my household. OK, maybe I'm being a little melodramatic but if you had NO INTERNET for a week I think you would be pretty upset as well. So to all my faithful readers (I know there are a couple out there), just hold tight. I'll be sure to do a blog post every time I'm at work, Dunkin Donuts or Atlanta Bread Company as those are the only places right now that I can get internet access for free.

In other news, I've started running again. Sophomore year of high school I got really into running with my friend, Fan, but after a change of priorities I never got to build on what I had started. Currently, I've been doing 2-3 miles a day, 3 days a week. This week I'm planning on up-ing that number to 4 days a week and hopefully be doing 5-6 runs by the end of the month and maybe doing a longer run, 4+ miles, and some interval training (something I enjoyed from conditioning in other sports) once a week. My summer has been pretty boring rather unstimulating, so rather than sulk I figured I would take up running as a way to stay in shape and destress a little bit. I'm hoping to find a race to do toward the end of the summer (preferably a 5K but I'd be up to a longer distance), just so I could feel more like I'm working toward something tangible. But even more than that I think it's just another thing in my life that I can feel in control about as I try to figure everything else out.

BTW: It's 10:05 AM and I'm still the only one in the office...

2 comments:

  1. I agree--I'd be totally lost without internet for a week.

    And 4 miles is a long run?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails