Wednesday, January 5

Breakfast Smoothies

I've been on quite a smoothie kick lately. With the added green powder, I know that I'm getting my daily vegetable servings in one glass, and the brown rice protein powder also enhances the nutritional aspect and is being dairy and gluten free, two things that I have to be more mindful of in my diet, apparently. The ingredients are few, the flavors solid and they are very filling (a tablespoon or so of ground flax would definitely add to the fiber filling-ness). Here are a few of my recent recipe developments.

Blueberry-Almond Smoothie


Ingredients
1 C frozen blueberries
1 C almond milk
1 t almond extract
1 T brown rice protein powder (vegan and gluten free)
1 T green food powder (I use Amazing Grass Green Powder, which you can get on Amazon)

Method:
In order to get a smoother product, incorporate the two powders into the almond milk. Add the extract and blueberries. Blend until smooth. (If you require a sweeter product, add a bit of stevia to taste, but I prefer not to.)


Variations
- Raspberry or Blackberry for blueberry
- Coconut milk yogurt (6 oz) or 1 C (light) coconut milk or rice milk or coconut milk beverage for almond milk
- Vanilla extract for almond extract, or no extract at all


Ginger-Peach Smoothie

Ingredients
1 C frozen peach slices
1/2 inch ginger, finely diced
1 C coconut milk beverage (So Delicious makes coconut milk, as well as coconut milk yogurt which I feature in other smoothie recipes, both which you can acquire at Whole Foods)
1 t almond extract
1 T brown rice protein powder (vegan and gluten free)
1 T green food powder (I use Amazing Grass Green Powder, which you can get on Amazon)

Method:
In order to get a smoother product, incorporate the two powders into the coconut milk. Add the ginger and peach slices. Blend until smooth. (Once again, if you require a sweeter product, add a bit of stevia to taste.)

Variations
- Mango chunks for peach slices
- Coconut milk yogurt (6 oz) or 1 C (light) coconut milk for coconut milk beverage
- Vanilla extract for almond extract, or no extract at all

Recipes I hope to try out later
- coconut-avocado
- cucumber-avocado-basil/mint
- pineapple-mango
- blueberry-raspberry-blackberry
- Cacao/Dark Chocolate (+ Coconut)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails