Monday, May 25

Reflections on New Milford

I just came back from a 4 1/2 day trip to New Milford, Connecticut, my boyfriend's (Twin #2 on Twins on Twins) hometown. My first trip to Connecticut was in late December 2008 to watch the UConn-Georgetown Men's basketball game, an epic event, as the mediocre and, later in the season, disappointing Hoyas dominated the Huskies from the beginning to the end of the game and we were graced with the presence of The Red Panda Acrobat. We had to drive about an hour and a half to get to UConn and because it was dark and Connecticut is very hill-y and rural, which made me feel like I was in the middle of a Freddy Kruger movie. I warmed up to the place toward the end of the trip but I felt as though I had to commit to the idea of just being frightened of the place so that my boyfriend would not have the satisfaction of knowing that I actually liked his town.

This second trip, on the other hand, was great. New Milford is a quaint, pretty town, actually the largest town in terms of area in Connecticut. It is about 30 minutes outside of Danbury and 90 minutes outside of New York City, which allows it to be isolated from the city but close enough that you can take advantage of what the city has to offer. And it is a little less than 2 1/2 hours from my house which makes it a reasonable trip for me. Overall, I really grew to love the town and the rolling green hills that lined every horizon in every direction. I'm looking forward to my boyfriend's trip to Princeton Junction but I can't wait to plan my next trip to New Milford.

I'll have some pictures from the trip up within the next couple of days.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails