Monday, May 4

SARS versus Swine Flu - China's Attempts to Contain Potential Pandemics

The Chinese just can't get it right. SARS was a huge issue because they tried to suppress it for so long and tried to keep it out of the eye of the international media. So now it seems that they are trying to make up with overarching measures to contain the spread of swine flu by quarantining dozens of innocent and healthy Mexicans in China. But their actions are unnecessary and discriminatory and flirt with the line that marks what is just simply racist.

F.Y.I: I realize this post is much shorter than my other ones but I'm working on writing blerps, mini-blog posts commenting on different websites, which means I have learn how to not ramble in posts like I usually do.

2 comments:

  1. It does seem a bit harsh, but the Chinese, and the Han majority in particular, have always thought themselves superior to other ethnic groups. Even as a sinophile you have to admit that. I think their pride comes from the continuous society that they have maintained on the mainland for 5000 years. In the end, though, this attitude of superiority does not do them any favors in the eyes of the rest of the world. This latest episode of racism in China is no surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps the font should be a little bigger...?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails