Tuesday, May 26

The Second Coming of Baby Jesus?

Here's an interesting interview on Baseball Today with Joe Mauer, also known as Baby Jesus, of the Minnesota Twins. He's a phenomenal catcher and hitter and has really caught my attention after coming into the season a month after the rest of the team and hitting a home run at his first at bat (that's right, Mike, even I'm impressed).

For more Twins related news and knowledgeable insight check out Twins on Twins.

As far as race relations goes, there is nothing more inquisitive than a young, impressionable child (though I bet Mike could give one a run for his/her money). Here's an article about how a mother "learned" about race relations when her child visited her at work and asked why one of her coworker's face was brown. It's not so much an issue of a child asking an honest question than some unfortunate situation on the part of the parents that allowed the child to only be exposed to other fair-skinned people like himself rather than being exposed to a diverse group of people. Or maybe I should just put my race card back into my wallet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails