Sunday, April 25

Grilled Cheese and Soup - An Easy Sunday Lunch

As you know yesterday I used my new blender to make soup. I decided to heat some of that up, along with a grilled cheese sandwich. And it wasn't just any grilled cheese sandwich. I up two servings from the ciabatta roll, one for Mike and on for myself. On Mike's I just layered a couple of strips of mild and sharp cheddar cheese. On Mine, I sliced up half of an apple and layered that on the bread, along with some shredded swiss-gruyere cheese. Be sure to apply lots of butter on the pan, as grilled cheese tends to be more fried than grilled anyways. You could also use the compound butter, such as honey-butter or a roasted garlic-basil-butter (the kind that I made the other day).

The expense for this meal is minimal as the entire ciabatta roll was $2.69 and there is still more than half left, the two blocks of cheddar were about $2.50 each and there is more than 3/4 left on each, after using some of the cheddar in other recipes, and I used 1/2 of an apple from a 5-for-$3 bag of apples, and about 2 oz of cheese from the 12 oz-$5.99 bag of shredded swiss-gruyere cheese. I'm too tired to figure out what the exact expense was, but I think I could say it was about $1 for Mike's and $2 for mine. I think it took about 10 minutes to cook the two sandwiches and heat up the soup as well, so the time requirement is minimal as well.


Very soon I'll share my adaptation of the butternut squash-sweet potato-carrot-apple-bacon soup. For now, enjoy the eye candy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that sounds so good! I was just talking to my son this evening about the glories of grilled cheese ... :)

    foodfloozie.blogspot.com
    twitter.com/foodfloozie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails