Sunday, April 25

Strawberry and Strawberry-Mango Smoothies

In case you have not realized, I'm loving this new blender. My first official creation was the butternut squash-sweet potato-carrot-apple-bacon soup, adapted from Confessions of a Cardamom Addict, but I'll share that with you later. My other blender creation today was a strawberry smoothie (followed by strawberry-mango smoothie). While I tend to not measure while I cook, here is an approximation of my recipes.

Strawberry Smoothie:
Ingredients:
2 cups of yogurt
1 lb bag of frozen strawberries (got mine at trader joes for only $1.69)
1/3 cup agave syrup
1 t vanilla extract

Method
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

This will make a verrrrrrrrrrrry thick smoothie, so if you want a thinner consistency, do 1 cup of yogurt and 1 cup of milk.

As for strawberry-mango smoothies, just do 1/2 lb strawberry, 1/2 lb mango. You could even throw in some protein powder, for your health, or a frozen banana, for a creamier consistency. I suggest using this recipe as a guideline and experiment to find the consistency and flavor(s) that you like the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails