Tuesday, April 27

Monte Cristo Sandwiches

It's getting toward the end of the semester which means my workload is increasing and my study schedule is becoming insane as I have to begin preparing for my final exams. This would be the point in which I would give in and go to leo's for all of my meals, but I have made it my prerogative to stay strong and find meals that are that much easier to make. 


I still have lots of soup left in my fridge, so I will be pairing that with sandwiches and salads throughout the week, as those are meals that take about 10 minutes to prepare. Here is a recipe for the next sandwich I plan on making this week.


Monte Cristo with Blackberry Dipping Sauce

Ingredients

  • 1T Mayonnaise
  • 1T whole grain Dijon mustard
  • 1t whole grain Dijon mustard
  • 2 slices white bread, crusts removed, if desired
  • 1/4 cup seedless blackberry jam
  • 4 slices deli ham or turkey
  • 4 slices Swiss or Cheddar cheese
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk

  • Method
  • 1.Combine 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise and 1T mustard with wire whisk in small bowl. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper. Evenly spread bread with mayonnaise mixture.
  • 2. Combine jam, remaining 1 teaspoon mustard in small bowl with wire whisk; set aside.
  • 3. Evenly divide ham and cheese between 2 slices of bread, then top with remaining bread.
  • 4. Beat eggs with milk with wire whisk in small shallow dish. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, turning to coat. Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray over medium-high heat and cook sandwiches, turning once, 5 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted. Serve with blackberry sauce on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails