Sunday, June 6

Getting My Menu Planning on Point

A goal of mine was to be able to perfect menu planning in order to minimize my grocery spending and maximize the time that I have to do prep work and cook food. This first draft is a little rough, and I haven't accounted for the possibility of Mike and I eating out once this week. But, hopefully it will help those of you not under mom and dad's wing this summer to use the power of menu planning in the name of saving money.

Sunday Dinner: Rotisserie Chicken with Apple Sauce, Peas and Cucumber and Cherry Tomato Salad
Monday Dinner: Mini Flour Tortillas with Pork Shoulder
Tuesday Dinner: Chinese Stir Fry with Chicken and Shrimp
Wednesday Dinner: Ravioli with Apples and Walnuts
Thursday Dinner: Chickpea and Beef Burritos/Tacos
Friday Dinner: Arroz con Pollo
Saturday Dinner: Grilled Asparagus Pazanella and Calzones

Sunday's dinner is done and now I have lots of bones left to make my first chicken stock with. I'm psyched and I'll be sure to let you know how that goes.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails