Tuesday, June 1

For Kathleen: Part One

Over the weekend a friend and coworker of mine died in a car crash in Alaska on the way to a friend's wedding. It's been a shock and has only recently begun to actually sink in. My office is not the most fun place to work (not to say it is awful), but she definitely made it more interesting. All this semester, Paul and Mike and I would come into the office just to hang out, and she would always lean over her desk to see who walked in and would come out asking us why on earth we would want to sit in the provost's office. But then she would sit out there with us and chat. She certainly bridged the gap between the student works and the rest of the staff. Moreover, she was the only one who would come up to me and talk, just to talk, usually because she was bored out of her mind. Now, the office next to my desk is empty, because the other girl doesn't want to be in there alone and I've been sitting up here by myself contemplating whether or not I have the right to be upset.

So, as I toy with those emotions I'm going to think of something to cook in her honor. I know she would read my blog and I feel as though this would be the best outlet for my feelings, as well as the best thing I could offer her. Well, either that or a song on my violin, but my violin is up in Jersey, so I'm going to cook.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Cortne, I'm so sorry to read about this! What a shock. Cooking is excellent therapy -- productive, constructive, aromatherapy, distraction ... all good things.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails