Monday, June 28

Whole Wheat Pesto Bread

In keeping with my baking theme, I woke up this morning hoping to make a plan to clear our my fridge this week. I came across a jar of spinach-walnut pesto that I had made last week as well as a ball of whole wheat dough that had been resting in the fridge. The first thought that came to mind was Pesto Bread, a recipe I came across last night.



I had a loaf that was approximately 5 oz flour to 3 oz water, so it wasn't very big, but rather just enough to experiment with. So I hand rolled it out to about a 10x5 "rectangle"and blanketed  the inside with my homemade pesto. I then rolled it up jelly-roll-style, sliced it down the middle, and twisted it back up, which should have been easier considering I twist/braid my own hair relatively often. I then slid it onto a baking sheet, preheated the oven to 500, placed a water-filled saucepan at the bottom of the oven and baked the loaf for 12 minutes (it cooked quickly because it was such a small amount of dough). Here are the pictures, maybe if you have this week off from work like I do (!!!) you'll be able to experiment with some dough and flavors of your own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails