Sunday, May 30

Food for Thought

Cover of "Food Matters: A Guide to Consci...



I love food. I also think it is a transcendent topic, in that food is something essential for life, and at the same time it functions as art, as a lifestyle, or as a political fire ground. The GoodEater Collaborative is an interesting blog that is able to reconcile all of these functions, offering commentary on food enjoyment, food politics, sustainability, as well as recipes. They do great work, are a great resouce, and have some interesting articles that could help pass the time as you sit in sweltering heat in your home. I've linked to some articles below. Enjoy.





For the mean time, I will be reading Food Matters by Mark Bittman, a food writer that I cite often, and In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan, an expert on food politics. I'm curious to see what effect these books have on my cooking and on this blog and the way that I approach food.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails