Sunday, May 9

A Use-Up-Your-Stash Challenge: Introduction

Because it is finals period, I have found my time to be more limited than my money (never happens any other time). And so I've decided that I'm going to take advantage of this by using up all of my remaining food before I step food into a grocery store. And this is particularly challenging in that the new Safeway on Wisconsin Ave. in Georgetown just opened, as well as the summer farmer's market that is around the corner from my apartment. I've compiled a list of remaining ingredients as well  as my receipt from the new Safeway.


Remaining Ingredients:
1 4 oz Pork Loin
15 Spinach Ravioli
1/4 lb of Frozen Strawberries
1 lb Frozen Mango Chunks
1/2 lb Frozen Broccoli
1/2 lb Frozen Asparagus Spears
1 cup Frozen Spinach
1/2 lb Frozen Peas
1/3 jar of Vodka Sauce
1/2 jar of Alfredo Sauce
Guacamole
Sour Cream
Peanut Sauce
5 Multigrain Tortillas
30 Pepperonis
6 oz Condensed Milk
12 oz Yogurt
9 Eggs
1 lb Mexicsn Blend Cheese
6 oz Swiss Gruyere
1 bag of Shredded Lettuce
1 bag of Mesclun Greens (spring mix)
1 Tomato
6 Plums
4 Apples
1 Lemon & 1 Lime
2 Heads of Garlic
Ginger
3 boxes of Mac and Cheese
1 box of Corn Bread
1 pack of Kashi Morrocan Curry Pilaf
1 pack Whole Grain Brown Rice (9)
1 pack Light Chunk Tuna
2 packs of Ramen
1 bowl of Vegan Black Bean & Lime Soup
1 lb of Polenta
1/2 bag of Dried Black Beans
1/2 bag of Capellini Pasta
10 Hard Taco Shells
5 Mini Boxes of Raisins
.8 lb of Dried Cranberried
1/3 lb of Sliced Almonds
1/3 lb of Walnuts



Safeway Receipt (abridged with only food items):
Peanut Butter - $0.00 (free with a coupon and $20 purchase)
French Onion Sun Chips - $2.44 (on sale for $2.99 and a $0.55 coupon)
Double Stuffed Oreos - $1.99 (on sale from $3.99)
2-16oz packs of String Cheese - 7.98 ($5.98 each + $3.00 off coupon)
French Bread Loaf - $0.79 (coupon, regularly $1.69)
Hot Dog Rolls - $2.99
Hebrew National Franks - $3.50 (on sale from $5.49)
Chicken Drumsticks - $2.06
Filet Mignon - $6.99 (on sale from 17.99, plus 30% off coupon)
Beef Tenderloin Roast - $18.03 (on sale from $41.25)


So far I've used 1/2 the bag of brown rice that I found to eat with the green curry. I'm hoping to use the yogurt with the chicken drumsticks for some kind of baked chicken.  We'll see how this challenge goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails